Rentcentral is owned and operated by Cathcart Allen Ltd, registered in England and Wales with company number 07749632.
Use of the website
You agree that in your use of this website:
1. Any information you provide on this website is accurate and reliable to the best of your knowledge (this includes all personal information, contact details and information related to property listings).
2. You will not use Rentcentral to distribute any illegal, obscene or otherwise harmful material.
3. You will not do anything to interfere with other users’ access to the website.
4. You will not impersonate others or create false accounts or adverts on the website.
5. You will not use software or any other means to harvest information from the website.
6. You will not attempt to send spam or other forms of unsolicited information to other users.
7. You will not copy material from the Rentcentral website without our permission.
8. You must keep your password secure and will be responsible for any actions of any person logging into the website using your username and password.
Legal obligations of owners and agents
You agree and warrant when you list a property on this website that:
1. You have the right to offer the property for rental and will not breach any law, agreement or contract by doing so.
2. Rentcentral will confirm registration of listings with all Owners and reserves the right to remove any listing at its Owner’s request, or for any other reason.
3. Any Registration Numbers or other forms of certification supplied will be correct.
4. You will only post or otherwise make available photographs, video, and other information for which you have lawful authority.
Risk and Information Quality
1. Rentcentral provides a marketplace for Owners. Agents and Tenants to meet and supports this with features to reduce the risks and administrative burden of the transaction. However, we cannot provide any guarantee regarding the integrity of the information supplied on this website or by its users.
2. Although we have features in place to maintain a high standard of information quality, Rentcentral cannot make any absolute guarantee over the accuracy of any information supplied on this website.
3. You should satisfy yourself of the accuracy of any and all information and of the integrity of all individuals you are transacting with before entering into any contract or agreement or making payments directly to them.
4. Material supplied on this website does not constitute legal advice and is supplied for information purposes only.
5. We have no control over, nor accept any responsibility or liability for, any problems that arise from properties or tenancy arrangements that are supplied by users of our website.
Using Rentcentral’s listing services
1. By listing on Rentcentral, you are declaring that you are the Owner of the property or acting as the Agent appointed by the Owner.
2. You agree that you indemnify Rentcentral for any loss, claims, actions or proceedings that may be brought against Rentcentral as a result of a breach of clause 4.1. You further agree that Rentcentral may take legal action or any other measures we may deem necessary at our sole discretion if you breach clause 4.1, and that you will be liable for any legal or enforcement costs reasonably incurred by Rentcentral in relation to such a breach.
1. Owners and Agents should not create multiple adverts for the same property.
2. Owners and Agents must not create dummy or feeder listings.
3. Rentcentral is not responsible for the content or details of listings that are provided by users and accept no liability for such content (including any errors, omissions or inaccuracies).
4. Users agree that they will indemnify and compensate Rentcentral for any loss, liability, claim, damage or expense (including reasonable legal fees and court fees) suffered as a result of content which that they have included in a listing.
5. Any decision Rentcentral makes in connection with the removal of listings or other content is final and we accept no liability to users in respect of any such decision.
Fair Use Policy
1. In order to protect all users, we reserve the right to take down listings if we deem them to be abusing the system. We do this to prevent spam, stop harvesting of Tenant details, and to encourage all listings to portray a true representation of the available property.
2. We reserve the right to limit users’ activities on our website (including, without limitation, restricting the number of properties they may list on our website), if we think that such restrictions will improve the security of the Rentcentral community or reduce our or another Rentcentral user’s exposure to financial or other liabilities.
3. To ensure that properties meet the legal requirements of landlords, and to protect users of our website, we reserve the right to suspend or discontinue listings and request further documentation to prove legal ownership of a property.
4. We reserve the right to limit the activity of users who we deem to be in material breach of our terms and/or to be misusing the platform.
5. We reserve the right to cancel unconfirmed accounts or accounts that have been inactive for a long time, as well as modify or discontinue Rentcentral listings.
6. You agree not to hold Rentcentral responsible for any loss you may incur as a result of Rentcentral taking any of the actions described in this section.
Treatment of Personal Data
1. Rentcentral is the controller of the Personal Data of users which is in our possession.
Legal Disclaimer on Use of Rentcentral
1. You expressly understand and agree that Rentcentral shall not be liable to you or any third party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, damages for loss of profits, goodwill, use, data or other intangible losses (even if such Rentcentral has been advised of the possibility thereof), and including damages resulting from: (i) any document or transaction sent through the service; (ii) the use or inability to use the service, including errors, interruptions or delays; (iii) unauthorized access to or alteration of your documents transmissions; or (iv) any other matter relating to the service.
2. Except where provided elsewhere in these Terms and Conditions, to the maximum extent permitted by law, we (including our affiliates, officers, directors, agents, subcontractors and employees) will not be liable to you in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise for any liabilities, damages or losses (whether direct, indirect, consequential, special or otherwise) incurred or suffered by you or any third party in connection with this website, or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of this website, any websites linked to it and any materials posted on it.
3. We are not liable for any consequences or loss from your use of this website.